The American stock markets went high
The American stock markets closed the month and the quarter with a significant rally, the Dow rose by 1.3 percent, while the S&P 500 rose by 1.5 percent, and the Nasdaq closed with a gain of 1.7 percent.
Thus, in the first three months of the year, the Dow rose by 0.4 percent, the S&P 500 by 7 percent, and the Nasdaq by 20.5 percent.
The momentum is sustained
The momentum of the stock markets continues in the evening, the Dow is up 0.8 percent, the S&P 500 is up 0.9 percent, and the Nasdaq is up 1.1 percent.
The mood in the USA is good
US stocks rise in Friday trading after the Federal Reserve’s preferred inflation indicator showed a smaller-than-expected price increase. The Dow is up 0.9 percent, while the S&P 500 is up 1 percent and the Nasdaq is up 1.2 percent.
The OTP is over HUF 10,000 again
OTP’s shares are already up 2.4 percent today, and with the current rise, the listing is once again above the psychologically important HUF 10,000 level.
Favorable opening in America
After the opening, the Dow is up 0.5 percent, and the S&P 500 and Nasdaq are up 0.4 percent.
The weakening of the dollar also has a positive effect on gold, after the publication of the inflation data, the exchange rate spiked up to the level of 1,987 dollars per ounce.
Stock markets are also reacting
According to the current state of future stock indexes, the Nasdaq may open 0.8 percent higher, the S&P 500 0.6 percent, and the Dow 0.5 percent higher after the publication of more favorable than expected inflation data.
The dollar is weakening
Following the publication of better-than-expected inflation numbers, the dollar weakened against the euro, and is currently hovering around the 1.09 level again.
The latest data has arrived
The price index of personal consumption expenditures further decreased in February:
- In February, the rate of price increase was 5 percent compared to the same period of the previous year,
- the PCE core index shows a 4.6 percent increase compared to the same period of the previous year, and the value, although minimal, is lower than the 4.7 percent growth rate expected by analysts.
Important data is coming
The price index of personal consumption expenditures (PCE) will be published in America at 2:30 p.m. Hungarian time.
Prior to the publication of the data, future stock indices in America are forecasting a further rise, and the dollar is also moderately strengthening against the euro.
There may also be an additional opening in America
According to the current state of the future stock indexes, the Nasdaq may open with a gain of 0.7 percent, the S&P 500 with a gain of 0.6 percent, and the Dow with a gain of 0.4 percent.
The Hungarian stock market is in a nice plus
After yesterday’s fall, the mood on the domestic markets is getting better and better, the BUX has already risen by 1.4 percent.
Favorable opening on the leading stock exchanges
After the opening, among the leading European stock indices, the CAC is up by 0.3, the DAX by 0.2, and the FTSE by 0.1 percent.
The Hungarian stock market is in correction
After yesterday’s fall, BUX is up 0.5 percent this morning.
The rise may continue
What are the current events on the stock exchanges?
- The leading American stock indexes closed yesterday with an increase, the Dow Jones ended the day up 0.4 percent, the S&P 500 closed up 0.6 percent, while the Nasdaq rose 0.9 percent.
- The Asian stock markets are showing an increase this morning, the Nikkei is up 0.99 percent, the Hang Seng is up 0.96 percent, while the CSI 300 is up 0.17 percent.
- The day may start with a rise on the European stock market, based on the current state of the future stock indices, the DAX may rise by 1.06 percent, the CAC may rise by 0.19 percent, while the FTSE may open 0.02 percent lower.
- The American futures stock indexes are forecasting a rise at the market opening, the Dow Jones may open with a gain of 0.01 percent, the S&P 500 may open with a gain of 0.12 percent, while the Nasdaq may rise by 0.13 percent.
What can be expected on the macro front?
The last working day of the week won’t be boring either, since in addition to the fourth quarter data on financial accounts, some statistics will also arrive from the KSH this morning. Abroad, in addition to the preliminary inflation data of the Eurozone, the US PCE inflation will still be February.
|March 27 – April 2, 2023. Macro calendar|
|March||28.||Tuesday||8:30 a.m||KSH||I’m asking||Jan.|
|March||28.||Tuesday||8:30 a.m||MNB||Household loans||Q4|
|March||28.||Tuesday||8:30 a.m||MNB||Balance of payments||Q4|
|March||28.||Tuesday||11:30 a.m||AKK||3-month dkj auction|
|March||28.||Tuesday||14:00||MNB||Interest rate decision|
|March||30.||Thursday||10:00 a.m||MNB||Inflation report|
|March||31.||Friday||8:30 a.m||MNB||Financial accounts||Q4|
|March||31.||Friday||8:30 a.m||KSH||Foreign trade (second estimate)||Jan.|
|March||31.||Friday||8:30 a.m||KSH||Industrial producer prices||Feb.|
|March||31.||Friday||8:30 a.m||KSH||People’s movement||Feb.|
|March||27.||Monday||10:00 a.m||German.||IFO index||Mar.|
|March||28.||Tuesday||2:30 p.m||USA||Foreign trade||Feb.|
|March||30.||Thursday||2:30 p.m||USA||GDP (revised)||Q4|
|March||31.||Friday||3:00 a.m||China||Purchasing Manager Index||Mar.|
|March||31.||Friday||8:00 a.m||German.||Retail trade||Feb.|
|March||31.||Friday||8:45 a.m||French.||Inflation (preliminary)||Mar.|
|March||31.||Friday||11:00 a.m||EU||Inflation (preliminary)||Mar.|
|March||31.||Friday||2:30 p.m||USA||PCE inflation||Feb.|
|Source: Portfolio collection|
What has happened on the stock markets so far?
- Among the leading American, Asian, European and regional stock indexes this year, the Nasdaq index is at the top with an 18.5 percent shift, while the BUX index is the driving force with a 5.0 percent fall.
- Magyar Telekom’s share performed the best among domestic blue chips this year with a 19.2 percent increase, while Richter’s paper is at the bottom of the list with a 12.8 percent fall.
- Among the most important raw materials, the price of gold has risen by 8.7 percent since the beginning of the year.
|More important instruments|
|Exchange rate||One day||1 week||1 month||This year||1 year||5 years|
|US stock indices|
|Asian stock indices|
|European stock indices|
|Regional stock indices|
|Hungarian blue chips|
|10-year US Treasury yield||3.55||-0.5%||4.9%||-12.6%||-7.3%||50.6%||29.4%|
|10-year German government bond yield||2.37||2.4%||7.8%||-13.9%||-7.7%||277.2%||375.9%|
|10-year Hungarian government bond yield||8.4||0.0%||-1.9%||-5.5%||-9.2%||31.9%||241.5%|
|Source: Refinitiv, Portfolio|
Cover image source: Getty Images