Welcome to the RockedBuzz local newsroom! The subject of this news is Success for the Swede in IndyCar
here are all the details. We offer you the most up-to-date developments about Success for the Swede in IndyCar
. Everything you wonder about Success for the Swede in IndyCar
, keep reading in this news and stay tuned! Success for the Swede in IndyCar
Marcus Ericsson finished third in Texas. His first podium in an oval in IndyCar.
– This has always been a goal for me, says the Swede.
Marcus Ericsson finished third in Texas (INDYCAR)
Felix Rosenqvist started the IndyCar race at Texas Motor Speedway from pole position, but suffered a propshaft problem and was forced to stop the race. Instead, it was Marcus Ericsson who was the better of the two Swedes in IndyCar.
He moved up from place 14 to place three and took his first podium in an oval.
– It was a really good day, we had a good pace, but it was difficult to drive and I went to work a lot with the car during the race, Ericsson tells Viaplay after the race.
– There have been a lot of fun fighters and it’s really fun to take first place on the podium in an oval.
Marcus Ericsson finished third in Texas
Last year, it was the oval race that came to Ericsson. He was one of the best drivers in the field on road and road courses, but within IndyCar the drivers drive on three different types of tracks. On road routes that are traditional racecourses, city and oval circuits. On the latter the Swede had problems, which means he never had a very good chance of winning the championship. Over the winter he then worked extra hard with ovals alone and during the 248 laps on the hard hit oval in Texas, Marcus Ericsson led in ten laps.
– My goal has always been to get to the top, but I got here completely with no experience in oval racing, he says.
– I learned a lot from my colleague James Hinchcliffe in the first year. Since then, I’ve come a long way. I worked a lot with our driver coach Dario Franchitti and with my engineer. I worked to learn how to work with the car, how to think and how to work tactically during a race.
When Macus Ericsson finished third in Texas, it was Sweden’s best performance in an oval race since Kenny Bräck competed in the United States 20 years ago.
The race was won by Josef Newgarden who circled his team mate Scott McLaughlin in the last corner. McLaughlin, who won the first in St. Petersburg a couple of weeks ago, was disappointed afterwards.
– I learned a lot this weekend and maybe next time I will act differently in that situation. At the same time, I’m only human. I learn from my experiences, he tells Viaplay.
– NTT INDYCAR SERIES (@IndyCar) March 20, 2022
Formula 1 – drama in Bahrain
It was a very dramatic first of Formula 1 early in the evening. Red Bull failed miserably when both cars were forced to break, while Ferrari took their first win in 910 days before Mercedes finished third and fourth. Also, Kevin Magnussen showed what Danish dynamite is.
You can read more about Ferrari’s victory and Kevin’s progress here.
Now is it also time to join and control your team in Motor Manager? Here you do it.