News, Parents arrested after 2-year-old ingests ‘rainbow fentanyl’ in Northern California, authorities say : detailed suggestions and opinions about Parents arrested after 2-year-old ingests ‘rainbow fentanyl’ in Northern California, authorities say .
The parents of a 2-year-old in Northern California were arrested his week after the child allegedly ingested fentanyl while in their care, authorities in Butte County said.
The parents, both in their early 20s, had taken their child to a location on Concow Road to be treated by California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection personnel Monday after reporting that the child had ingested “an unknown substance while in the care of someone else,” according to the Butte Interagency Narcotics Task Force.
Cal Fire personnel requested that Butte County sheriff’s deputies respond to the scene.
“The child was lethargic and displaying symptoms of possible opioid poisoning,” the task force said in a release, adding that authorities determined the child had probably ingested fentanyl while at home with the parents.