Two extra taken to hospital after Edinburgh blast (Picture: PA)
An 84-year-old man has died following a gasoline explosion at a house, police have confirmed.
Police Scotland have been known as to the Baberton space of Edinburgh at 10.25pm on Friday following ‘a number of experiences’ of the incident.
A 43-year-old lady and a 54-year-old man have been taken to hospital for remedy, however their situation is at the moment unknown, the Scottish Fire Service confirmed.
The fireplace service left the scene at 6.39am this morning.
Police say there are not any suspicious circumstances.
Quite a few homes have been additionally evacuated as a precaution and the street – Baberton Mains Avenue – stays closed on Saturday morning.
Police Scotland stated in a press release: ‘At round 10.25pm on Friday 1 December 2023 we have been known as to experiences of an explosion at a property on Baberton Mains Avenue in Edinburgh. The emergency providers are on the scene, and we’d advise individuals to keep away from the world at the moment.’
The scene in Baberton Mains Avenue, Edinburgh, after an 84-year-old man died following a house explosion (Picture: PA)
Police stay on the scene (Picture: PA)
A spokesman for the Scottish fireplace and rescue service stated: ‘We have been alerted at 10.26pm on Friday 1 December to experiences of a gasoline explosion affecting a residential property on Baberton Mains Avenue in Edinburgh.
‘Operations management despatched 5 fireplace home equipment and specialist assets to the world the place firefighters have been working to make the world secure. Two casualties have been rescued earlier than we arrived, and the groups are nonetheless on the scene.’
Several individuals reported listening to the explosion as far-off as Gilmerton on social media platform X, a suburb on the outskirts of Edinburgh 6.5 miles from the blast website.
An eyewitness stated the world exterior the house at Baberton Mains Avenue was suffering from rubble and smelled of gasoline.
Neighbors stated they might really feel their homes shake, whereas one other tweeted they heard the explosion from inside a cinema in the close by suburb of Wester Hailes.
A GoFundMe web page has been set as much as assist a household who ‘misplaced every little thing and their dwelling … so near Christmas’.