Abroad Today, 17:555, the Israeli army has opened a new route for the evacuation of residents of the northern Gaza Strip

RockedBuzz
By RockedBuzz 3 Min Read

On Saturday, October 14, the Israeli army provided a new route through which people from the northern Gaza Strip can safely evacuate before the planned Israeli ground offensive.

Palestinians are fleeing.  On October 13, 2023, the Israel Defense Forces ordered residents to evacuate ahead of a possible Israeli offensive.
Palestinians are fleeing. On October 13, 2023, the Israel Defense Forces ordered residents to evacuate ahead of a possible Israeli offensive. Photo: SIPA/Scanpix

On Saturday, October 14, the Israeli army provided a new route through which people from the northern Gaza Strip can safely evacuate before the planned Israeli ground offensive.

Hundreds of thousands of Palestinians in the Gaza Strip have heeded the call and headed south, the Israel Defense Forces said.

The spokesman of the Israeli army, Richard Hecht, emphasized on Saturday that the Israeli side is aware that the Palestinian civilians need time to evacuate, therefore safe movement to the south along the approved routes is guaranteed until 16:00. The Israeli army initially gave 24 hours for the evacuation on Friday morning.

The Islamist militant group “Hamas” urged civilians not to respond to Israel’s call.

About 1.1 million people are being evacuated.

“Hamas” announced that 70 people who tried to flee to the south of the Gaza Strip had been killed and another 200 wounded in airstrikes by the Israeli Air Force. The Israeli army said it was investigating whether this had happened.

A week ago, Hamas fired thousands of rockets into Israel, crossed the border and launched a brutal massacre of communities and a music festival in southern Israel, killing more than 1,300 people and injuring 3,391 others.

Most of the victims of terrorists are civilians. Hecht informed that 120 people have been abducted and taken to the Gaza Strip.

More than 2,215 Palestinians have been killed and more than 8,714 wounded, according to the Gaza Ministry of Health.

Israel has drawn criticism for demanding the evacuation of civilians from the Gaza Strip. The United Nations called on Israel to drop the claim, warning of a “catastrophic situation”. Saudi Arabia and Egypt also expressed similar criticism.

Meanwhile, Israel insists it will continue airstrikes in the Gaza Strip to destroy Hamas militants. Several planners of an attack on Israel have already been killed in its strikes.

Palestinians reported on Saturday that new clashes broke out in several places in the Israeli-occupied West Bank.

Since the start of the “Hamas” attack a week ago, 54 Palestinians have died in clashes with the army or settlers in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. More than 1,100 people were injured, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health.

FacebookLinkedInFor friendsX

Comments5

Share This Article
Leave a comment